Friday, December 30, 2011

The funky nail trend...we're lovin' it

Okay ladies, this post is for the adventurous brides and bridesmaids out there: cool and creative nail designs that you can do by yourself.

I'm still a big fan of the traditional French manicure for weddings, but more and more I'm seeing fun, unique nail patterns and colors worn by brides and their maids. So I figured I'd surf the net and show you my favorite DIY nails. Even if you don't use these on your wedding day they're still fun to try for a night out!

iheartdaily.com

We at eventi planning love us some polka dots. So easy too! Just use a thin paint brush for the dots after letting the base dry.

thebeautydepartment.com

O.M.G. I am smitten. Tree lights....how awesome would this be for a wedding right around X-mas? I wish I had seen this a few weeks ago...I would have done this for a holiday party. We love thebeautydepartment.com because they have great tutorials!

howto.getmarried.com

Perfect for a vintage wedding...Apply a few coats of nude, tan, or light pink polish and then press newspaper against nails while they're still damp. Tres chic!

diynailartdesign.com.

Love how the pinky and pointer are different than the other fingers. Check out diynailartdesign.com for tons of nail ideas.

thebeautydepartment.com

Candy corn...perfect for late October weddings or parties. Thanks again to thebeautydepartment.com for this gem.


makeupalley.com.
If you're like me and not that adept with a nail brush (I'm working on it!), go with glitter polish for extra glam. All of us at eventi are in love with OPI Holiday Glow. It's a gorgeous color for fall and winter.

Send me pics of your creative nails, regardless of when you rocked 'em! We'll post them here for additional inspiration!

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment