Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Wedding of Rachael and Forster

As the weather gets colder and the New Year approaches, I've been looking back through my archives at the beautiful summer weddings I had the privilege to be a part of in 2011. One that stood out to me was the wedding of Rachael and Forster on July 2nd. When we first met, Rachael was in her third year of medical school in New York, which is what pushed her to hire a coordinator. We hit it off and I began working as their wedding planner for the eight months leading up to their big day.

The ceremony was held at St. Elizabeth's Church in Baltimore. I hadn't worked there before but the space was gorgeous and the priest was so warm and welcoming. I would definitely suggest this church to other brides. Simple, elegant programs, pictured below, were offered to guests as they entered. My favorite moment was the way Forster looked at Rachael as she walked down the aisle with her father. Despite seeing this almost every weekend, this part never gets old to me!


Beautiful programs look great when framed after the wedding.

After the ceremony, it was off to the reception at the Frederick Douglass Museum in Baltimore. This venue has some of the best views of the harbor. Rachael's colors went perfectly with the location; vibrant shades of blue were sprinkled throughout the day: her shoes (which I coveted ALL day), the ring, and her maids. These paired well with the creams and whites of the flowers and lighting, creating an elegant ambiance.


See what I mean?


The view from the pier at the reception.

A quote from the bride: "Diana made excellent vendor recommendations for every aspect of my wedding...By the night of the rehearsal dinner, I didn't have to worry about a single wedding detail. I didn't take a single call from a vendor, worried or stressed family member, or even Diana! She took care of absolutely everything by herself."

The band Onyx got the crowd moving!

Sparkler sendoff...beautiful!


Rachael and Forster, I truly enjoyed getting to know you throughout this process. You're a beautiful couple, inside and out, and I wish you the best in your life together.

Thanks to You Go I Go We Go Photography for these stunning pictures, and the vendors who helped make this day such a success:

- Caterer: Sascha's
- Band: Onyx
- Lighting: Event Dynamics
- Florist: The Floral Studio

1 comment: