Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Planning a party...Part Three!

If you've followed parts 1 and 2 of my party planning tips, you'll know that we've covered everything from themes and invitations to centerpieces and food choices. Now that we're coming down the home stretch, with Cadence's first birthday party in less than two weeks, I've been working on the little details that'll make this party look polished and creative.

I teamed up with mlc designs again (they designed the beautiful invitations) to create labels (pics after the party!)for the various cupcake flavors that I baked with a friend a few weekends ago. I also picked out some props for the photo booth - this is a great way to keep older kids occupied, and a fun way for everyone to remember the party when they look through their pictures later. I also made a welcome sign (love these).

I ordered multi-colored polka dot straws from etsy a few days ago - perfect for the cupcake theme. Once they arrived, I thought they could use a little something extra. I found a Word template online for tags to go on the straws...and it was so easy! Once I picked out a template, I just typed in what I wanted them to say, printed them on white card stock, folded them in half and glued them to the straws. Voila....simple, cute, and perfect for any occasion! I definitely recommend doing this for your next party. Looks difficult, but it really didn't take long to do.
Now is when you want to begin going through your necessity list...you know, the essentials. Plates, napkins, flatware, ice, etc. It's better to go over everything two weeks in advance instead of at the last minute. I'm also writing thank you tags, ordering party hats, and making "wish" cards - another personal favorite of mine. Guests are going to write notes to Cadence, which I'll save for her. :)

Keep emailing me your questions about budgeting, etiquette, and decorating! Looking forward to sharing the cupcake displays and signage in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment