Thursday, January 26, 2012

Planning a party...Part Two!

This past weekend I had two focuses: centerpieces and decorations (step 6, mentioned last week), and goody bags - step 7.

So, picking up where I left off...

Step 6: Figure out decorations. I think that centerpieces can really brighten up a table and add some *flair* to your party. There are so many different things you can use as a centerpiece...flowers, candles, books, balloons, you name it.

Remember this cardinal rule...you need to be able to see over or under whatever you're placing in the middle of the table, so that guests can easily see and chat with each other! It's simple to figure out: set your elbow on a table, point your hand up and make a fist. Short centerpieces should not go above your hand; tall centerpieces should be similar in height to the picture below.



There's nothing more frustrating that having guests move a centerpiece to the floor just so they can see each other...it's such a waste!

For Cadence's party, I'm going with white roses and baby's breath in blue mason jars - something I already have in my collection. Pretty and inexpensive!



Step 7: Favors. These don't need to be expensive! People associate favors with $$$, but that's not always the case. Carryout-style boxes for leftover cake and food are cute and can cost as little as $0.10 each!

I purchased 6"x6" white boxes for Cadence's party - 100 of them for $35...total cost of only $0.35 each! Although I'm not using all 100, I can always use them in the future! I'm planning on filling them with random cupcake-related items I found on Amazon...lipgloss, rubber duckies, notepads, etc. I'm going to wrap the boxes in solid color paper and tie them with polka dot ribbons.



Anyway, more on last minute details next week. Feel free to email me with specific questions!

1 comment:

  1. Organized content is the best way to display or post an article, thank you for making it easy to digest your post.

    Party Planning

    ReplyDelete