Friday, March 2, 2012

Food as Wedding Decorations

More tips for my beautiful budget-savvy brides!

Today I’ll focus on using food as part of your wedding day décor. Sounds crazy, right? It’s really not!

When done correctly, food can be presented in such a way to appear classy, chic, rustic, elegant…basically whatever you need it to be. Add that to the fact it’s a heck of a lot cheaper than most floral wedding arrangements, and you’ve got my attention! ;)

Here are some of my faves:
This wedding at Cedarwood, located in beautiful Nashville, really utilized the natural colors of fruits and veggies in their farmer’s market-inspired wedding.

The bright colors of the carrots and apples go perfectly with these wildflowers (also a less expensive flower option!).
[cedarwoodweddings.com]
Pepper nestled in some grass. Bright and pretty, and so unique.
[cedarwoodweddings.com]

I’ve never seen something like this before, and I love it. Definitely going to recommend it to my next “rustic” bride who’s looking for something different!

Now the pictures above obviously work for a country-themed wedding. But what if you want something a little less bright, and a little more simple?

[marthastewartweddings.com]
I think the above display creates a casual, relaxed vibe without breaking the bank. One box of these tomatoes costs around $4 or $5. Just search through your local farmer’s market and place an order for however many you need. Simple and chic, with a rustic flair – not to mention supporting the locals! Added bonus? A few days after the wedding, grab your hubby, the overripe tomatoes, and get down and dirty making home-made marinara sauce.

To go out on a limb, what about herbs as centerpieces? These could double as favors, and they smell great (at least I think so; I’m married to an Italian, so hand me some basil and I’m all set!).

[marthastewartweddings.com]
And finally, my favorite. Be honest with yourselves people. Who wouldn’t want to sit down at a party and have cupcakes as their centerpiece??!

[google.com]

Have you seen any cool food centerpieces lately? Was it beautiful and unique or was it just plain tacky? Email me and let me know!

2 comments:

  1. You HAVE to add those amazing silver-painted pumpkins that you did for that baby shower a few years ago. Those were the most amazing centerpieces, and so surprising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thought! For those images, check out http://marcellaneous.shutterfly.com/17366

      Delete