Friday, May 25, 2012

Spicing up your ceremony with distinctive food and drinks

Today I want to highlight some food and drink options that are unique and guaranteed to be a hit with your guests! A lot of brides and grooms come to me looking for ways to make their wedding day stand out. While this can be taken care of with decorations, invites, and lighting, those options can often be expensive. One alternative is going the “yum” route – add some cool food and drink choices that fit the vibe of your wedding, and your guests are sure to be talking about this day for a long time.

~~~
Stick with your season! If you’re having a winter wedding, offer hot chocolate - maybe with whipped cream vodka ;) - or a coffee bar and display accordingly.


How could this not be a hit with guests?
[weddingfashionfiles.com]
~~~


Having an outdoor wedding in the notorious Baltimore heat? A lemonade or iced tea setup will be a blessing for your guests – and look good at the same time.



Classic and chic.
[southernliving.com]
~~~

If you’re trying to save on your catering bill, have one or two signature drinks that best represent you as a couple instead of having a full bar with various types of liquor. This keeps things more interesting than a simple beer and wine bar, without breaking the bank. Displays are a cinch – make a small, coordinating card explaining what’s in it and why it’s your signature drink, and place it on one end of the bar.

Brightly-colored drinks are a fun option for the summer.
[floridianweddings.com]
~~~

For food, your options are endless. I love when my brides and grooms opt for a variety, as it’s something most of your guests aren’t expecting. It’s also a great way to carry on your wedding day theme if you have one.

Great rustic look.
[glitterweddings.com]

~~~

Dessert bars are very popular now, and for good reason: they’re inexpensive, fun, and not that difficult to make on your own. You can use desserts that fit with your color palette or wedding theme, and they can even double as your favors with little takeout boxes. (So simple, but just be sure to have more than enough for everyone take some home!)



I LOVE this.
[theknot.com]

One of my November 2011 couples had a s’mores bar – it was an instant hit, and is something I’m recommending to my future brides.
[ethanyangphotography.com]

Milk and cookies, and other awesome sweets to dip in milk. One of my October '12 brides is doing this, and I’m so excited about it.
[alwaysablogsmaid.com]

I couldn’t resist…more milk and cookies, but in a different display.
[thefrenchbouquettulsa.com]

If you decide to go the DIY route with desserts, you can make a lot of them ahead of time. Some of my favorites are white or dark chocolate covered pretzels (you can add sprinkles for color), brownies and blondies, cookies, and cupcakes. They’re easy to make and either hold well for up to a week, or they freeze and thaw well. I always recommend testing this out several months in advance, just in case! I did this for my daughter’s birthday last month and froze 206 cupcakes several weeks in advance. It worked out perfectly, and now I’m a huge advocate of doing this to save money! Check them out here.

Have you seen any cool dessert bars lately? Send me your pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Sign up on Yadava matrimony before you give up your search for a perfect Yadav match.

    ReplyDelete